Submission Guidelines for 2021 Powell Prize
Projects completed by federal and non-federal entities (including non-profits, state governments, and federal contractors) are eligible, so long as the project relates to the interpretation, display, or historic preservation of federal history.
For historical/interpretive display, eligible projects may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Exhibitions – in museums, cultural centers, and other public venues
● Public Interpretive Programs – lecture series, walking tours, oral history projects, outreach activities, educational offerings, workshops, interpretive media, etc.
● Major Initiatives– anniversary projects, agency initiatives, commemorative projects
For historic preservation activities, eligible projects may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Restoration projects dedicated to preserving historic resources such as records, artifacts, building, historical sites, or other historical entities
● Major programs that contribute to larger historic preservation efforts.
Projects must have been completed within the last two calendar years.
Projects may be renominated, as long as the renomination includes a description of any updates since the original nomination (and still meet the requirement of completion within the past two years).
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com